Here is a video about Elon Musk which selects the top 8 advises for success across multiple interviews.
Elon Musk is an entrepreneur, engineer and investor that founded multiple companies such as Space X, Tesla Motors and Paypal. He is particularly well known for his workaholic habits and his capabilities to never give up.
Elon Musk top 8 advises for success:
- Seek the Truth: The truth will give you the opportunity to find the path to success.
- Love your work: If you like what you do, you will be able to think about it even outside work and that will help you to persevere.
- Find nice people: Do not choose people because of their talent but because of their personalities. Choose the ones with a big heart.
- Dare while young: Take risks while you are young because at is the time you do not have expenses or mortgages.
- Work hard: Elon recommends 80 to 100 hours work week. And literally make it your first and unique goal, everything else is secondary. He believes that people working 40 hours work week will need 1 year to do the same thing as he does in 4 months.
- Make “great” things: If you want to make a successful product, you need to make it 10 times better than the competition.
- Seek criticism: Always listen carefully to negative feedback, even if it is painful. Your friends will know your problems but they are not telling you because they do not want to hurt you. As an entrepreneur, you are wrong so the goal is to try to be less wrong!
- Be resilient: At the beginning, starting a business is exciting, but then after a while, you will start to encounter all sorts of issues and happiness will decline. So starting a company is quite painful, but if you never give up you will get there eventually.