Roy H. Williams – Quote
Learn from Mistakes – “A smart man makes a mistake, learns from it, and never makes that mistake again. But a wise man finds a smart man and learns from him how to avoid the mistake altogether.” – Roy H. Williams
Learn from Mistakes – Interpretation
Most people describing their path to success always advise people to make mistakes, but I find it absurd on it’s own. Anyone can make mistakes, it is too easy to affirm that making mistakes will help us succeed afterward. It is not enough, In fact, to be able to progress we need to learn from our mistakes so that we find the right path to our own success. Now there are 2 ways to learn according to Roy H. Williams but one of them is the ultimate answer for him:
- Learn from your own mistakes: To be able to progress we need to learn from our mistakes, if we repeat the same mistake over and over again, we are not analysing our issue and then not progressing through our end goal. This technique is primordial but necessary before you can learn from mistakes others made.
- Learn from mistakes others made: This technique is a lot harder to acquire because it demands additional analysis. It is required to analyse your own path to success and anticipate failures by making decisions according to others people’s failures. it requires dedication and good habits. There are many ways to learn from others, such as:
- Books: often business books or entrepreneur’s biographies helps discribing what successful people went during their path to success. Lots of lesson to be learned on books.
- Mentors: people simply more knowledgable than you will give you advises that will put you on the right direction that will prevent you from making certain common mistakes.
- Senior Co-workers: seniors have years of experience and knows what to do and what not to do. You can often learn from them and apply their strategies to become more efficient and more structured.
if you have any other suggestions to learn from mistakes others made, please feel free to mention them on the comment section below.
Roy H. Williams